Friday, December 12, 2008

Romance Box

For the box that I chose to write more in depth about was the Romantic Box in the Tragic section.
This is the Elegiac section.
that features elegies morning the death of Heroes.

This is my favorite box mainly because I really love the heroes in this section. I love Beowulf and King Arthur and the sad endings.
These people are people that are higher then normal people as in that they are stronger or more intelligent and closer to being godlike. They may have more strength then normal men, like Beowulf who has the strength of twenty men in each arm and can hold his breath for hours and Arthur who is much more noble then the rest. yet even though they are stronger and set on a higher plane then normal humans they are still human and still must come to an end.

But one thing that I wanted to add was the female hero. I think in this box would be Joan Of Arc. She was a hero who was higher then mere mortals. She was closer to God, or the gods then we will ever be and she sacrificed her life and became an immortal hero.

No comments: