Friday, December 12, 2008

Final Blog

Well after an entire semester of reading more material then I would like I am finally glad to be done, but realistically are we ever done? Yes I am glad to be done with assignments but I will never be done with literary criticism. When this class first started I was completely scared. I had heard horrible nightmarish stories about this class and when I saw we would be reading the almost 1,000 pg book of Don Quixote it only reaffirmed my fears but its now December and I am glad to still be enjoying the class. I think I will always be reading things critically but now I'll be able to actually read them with multiple critical glasses.

There is then creative reading as well as creative writing. When the mind is braced by labor and invention, the page of whatever book we read becomes luminous with manifold allusion. Every sentence is doubly significant, and the sense of our author is as broad as the world.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: