Thursday, October 30, 2008

I am not really sure how to write about the movie My Book and Heart Shall Never Part. For the entire semester we have talked about it and to finnaly have seen it was great. After having discussed it so much in class I do think that I was over prepared. Its almost like a preiew that shows the eintire movie. But there is a good side to knowing so much. Because I knew what was coming I was able to focus on the different pictures and sounds. One thing in the movie I did like was when they talked about Anima means soul and how Animal uses that stem . It made me think about the book the Golden Compass in the His Dark Materials book and how the Animals were a symbol of the Characters soul. I thought it was interesting and I had never made that connection before.

All in all I thnk that the movie was great, I couldnt believe how many little books we looked at and I never thought of how teaching and learning grows through our culture. I thought it was really cool to see the coin mark in the childs penny book. It really makes me think about the kid and why he or she put the coin in the book. It was one thing that really made me think about who this person was.

No comments: